The Arnold Bergstraesser Institute Freiburg is seeking to fill the position of Senior Researcher (Salary Level TVL 13/75%) Southeast Asia/ South Asia. The successful candidate is expected to start by the 1st July/1st August 2018 and will be initially appointed for a period of two years.
• Completed PhD in political sciences or in related social science fields
• Established publication record
• Thematic focus in one of the institute’s key research areas, preferably on issues of contested governance
• Regional focus on Southeast Asia or South Asia
• Very good English language skills, regional language skills are an asset
• Fieldwork experience and willingness to conduct field visits in Asia
• Experience in the acquisition and management of research grants is an advantage
In addition to participating in the institute’s ongoing activities, the successful candidate is expected to advance her/his own scientific work (research, publications). This includes the submission of third-party funded research proposals. Successful grant applications offer the possibility to increase the salary level to TVL13/100%. There are no teaching obligations.
The ABI values the principles of equality and diversity in their hiring practices. Applications including standard documents (CV, list of publications) should be send by April 29th 2018 in electronic format (one single PDF file, max. 8 MB) to sekretariat.abi[at]abi.uni-freiburg.de.
For more information please contact: Dr. Martin Adelmann, 0761/88878-15 martin.adelmann[at]abi.uni-freiburg.de or Dr. Christan von Lübke christian.von.luebke[at]abi.uni-freiburg.de