• Completed PhD in political sciences or in a related social science
• Relevant publications in the field of displacement/ migration/ conflict
• Regional focus on the Middle East and North Africa or Sahel Zone
• Language skills in English, French or Arabic if necessary
• Fieldwork experience and willingness to conduct fieldwork in countries of the global south
• Experience in the acquisition and carrying out of third-party funded research projects is advantageous.
In addition to participating in the ongoing work of the (forced) migration research cluster, the successful candidate is expected to conduct their own scientific work (research, publications). In particular, the successful candidate is expected to apply for third-party funded research proposals in the field of displacement and/ or migration. The position can be increased to full-time through successful grant applications. There are no teaching obligations.
The ABI orientates themselves on the principles of equality and diversity in their hiring practices. Applications including the usual documents (CV, list of publications) should be send by the 28th January 2018 in electronic format (one PDF, max. 8 MB) to sekretariat.abi [at] abi.uni-freiburg.de.
For more information please ask Dr Martin Adelmann, via telephone (+49(0)761/ 88878-15) or e-mail (martin.adelmann [at] abi.uni-freiburg.de) or Dr Franzisca Zanker via e-mail (franzisca.zanker [at] abi.uni-freiburg.de).
Please find the pdf of this Job offer here.