The successful candidate is expected to start as soon as possible, latest by 1st January 2019. The successful candidate will be appointed for a period of one year, with possibilities of extension.
• Advanced or completed PhD in political science, migration studies or in a related social science,
• Language skills in English and French necessary,
• Prior fieldwork experience necessary, preferably in West Africa,
• Knowledge and previous research in (forced) migration studies an advantage,
• Able to work to a high degree of independence and to a tight schedule.
The researcher will work on a project that looks at migration governance in several West African countries – Niger, Nigeria and Senegal – analysing political stakes, actors and issues on the topic. The project includes fieldwork with stakeholder interviews.
The ABI orientates themselves on the principles of equality and diversity in their hiring practices. Applicants should send their CV and a motivation letter detailing prior fieldwork experience by the 14th November 2018 in electronic format (one PDF, max. 8 MB) to sekretariat.abi[at]abi.uni-freiburg.de.
For more information please ask Dr Franzisca Zanker (franzisca.zanker[at]abi.uni-freiburg.de).